Sustainability Training Course
The Energy and Water Agency shall be holding an online sustainability course targeted towards employees from the corporate sector. The Energy, Water and Waste Solutions: Supporting Malta’s Corporate Sector is based on Education for Sustainable Development principles.
The course aims to:
- Create a positive impact on businesses by raising awareness on their role in sustainability.
- Present concepts and issues faced by the corporate sector in sustainability.
- Offer ideas on sustainability solutions.
- Instil behavioural change across the corporate sector.
- Promote employee wellbeing.
The learning outcomes of the course are:
- To evaluate how businesses can contribute to the process of change towards sustainable development.
- To identify challenges and opportunities for improved sustainability in the workplace.
- To highlight principles of good practice in the workplace for sustainable development.
- To devise a plan of action that reduces the impact of human activities on the environmental (water/carbon) footprint.
More information and bookings
The course shall continue running in February 2023, once a week and shall be repeated each month till May. First session starts on the 17th February and shall run for 3 consecutive Fridays from 09:30am till 12:30pm. All sessions shall be held online with each session being 3 hours long. The rest of the courses shall start on 14th April and 5th May respectively.
This project is also divided into 2 phases; where Phase 1 shall be an online theoretical course and Phase 2 shall be follow-up sessions with all attendees, applying ESD strategies in order to create behavioral change.
Sessions are free of charge, and interested entities and individuals can apply here: